Most of the time hearing problems begin gradually without discomfort or pain. What’s more, family members often learn to adapt to someone’s hearing loss without even realizing they are doing it. Here are some questions to ask yourself to determine whether you have hearing loss.
1. Do I / they often ask people to repeat themselves?
2. Do I / they have trouble following conversations with more than two people?
3. Do I / they have difficulty hearing what is said unless facing the speaker?
4. Do I / they struggle to hear in crowded places like restaurants, malls and meeting rooms?
5. Do I / they have a hard time hearing women or children?
6. Do I / they prefer the TV or radio volume louder than others?
7. Do I / they experience ringing or buzzing in my ears?
8. Does it sound like other people are mumbling or slurring their words?
If you answered yes to several of these questions, chances are you suffer from hearing loss.